We Know You Have Bills After a Car Accident
After a car accident, the bills pile up fast. Medical bills, car repairs and other expenses that you can’t meet because you are injured and out of work. Meanwhile, you’re counting on an insurance settlement that may never come and is likely to be too small if it does.
Car insurance companies have the upper hand when people are injured in car accidents, and they know it. Insurers are interested in their own bottom line, not yours.
But Ben Bronston & Associates is here to help. Our car accident lawyers work directly with car accident victims like you to seek insurance money for medical expenses, car repairs, lost income and other losses, including your pain and suffering.
We work to get results — payments to you — and you won’t owe us anything until we do.
A Record For Results
Contact Ben Bronston & Associates in Texas if you’ve been injured in a car accident. Our law firm handles car accident cases from start to finish. We don’t drop clients or send them to other law firms when the going gets tough. You’ll get straight-forward, hard-nosed representation.
Call now! Car accident cases are lengthy and complex when your attorney does the thorough job necessary to maximize the money you are to receive. But Texas personal injury cases have a two-year statute of limitations, which means you cannot file a claim after the deadline has passed. Don’t miss out on money you deserve – money Ben Bronston & Associates can seek for you.
Car Accidents FAQs
No, the attorneys of Ben Bronston & Associates only get paid if they obtain a settlement or judgment on your behalf.
What should I do if I was a car accident and the other driver was at fault, but I was underinsured or uninsured?
Under Texas law it does not matter if you did not have insurance when you were injured in a car accident as a result of the other driver’s negligence.
The insurance company is taking your statement for their benefit, not to help you recover what you deserve for your injuries. You are not even required to give a statement to the insurance company. Before you give the insurance company any kind of statement, it is important to first consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who will correspond with the insurance company on your behalf. Even though you intend to be open and honest about the accident, the insurance company is liable to misconstrue what you say and twist it to make it beneficial for their side.
A personal injury lawsuit can settle in a short period or long period of time depending on a variety of factors. For example, the amount of damages can affect how long the case will last, in addition to disputes over who is actually at fault in the case and what percentage each party is at fault in the case. Therefore, it is important to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after you have been injured so they can help you receive the damages you are entitled in the shortest period of time.
Our Goal: Find Who Caused Your Car Accident and Make Them Pay
Car accidents happen, and drivers and passengers are injured every day in Houston, Laredo, Corpus Christi, and all over Texas. But because Texas requires all drivers to have liability insurance, anyone who has been injured because of another driver’s negligence should be able to obtain an insurance settlement that makes them whole financially.
Unfortunately, getting the money you deserve after a serious car accident requires a fight. You have to fight the other driver to establish the fact that he or she really is the one at fault. Then you have to fight their insurer to make them pay what they owe.
You need experienced car accident lawyers if you hope to win this fight. Most at-fault drivers won’t readily own up to what they’ve done. Some don’t even have insurance. And all insurance companies, by design, work to pay out as little as possible on car accident claims.
A car accident attorney, like one of ours at Ben Bronston & Associates, work to make the at-fault driver and their insurer do what’s right. We thoroughly investigate car accidents. We roll up our sleeves and do the work necessary to find the evidence that shows who’s to blame for your car accident, and to find the insurance policy that should provide a payment to you. Sometimes it’s not just the other driver. Others may be responsible, and they should be held accountable. And their insurance should be made to pay.
Contact Ben Bronston & Associates to see the difference. We believe in personal contact and support for our clients. We’ll be beside you throughout your case. You will get to know your attorney.
What our Clients Say
My 92 year old mother in law was involved in an accident. From the minute we contacted Ben’s office, we were in excellent hands. They were kind, caring, and extremely patient. Ben, Amy, and Emma walked her thru everything in a very patient and caring manner. Continue reading
Where’s the Money in a Car Accident Claim?
After a car accident, the money to help you with medical bills, car repairs, lost wages and more usually comes from insurance. However, insurance companies will only cover the amount of damage up to the policy’s limits.
In Texas car accidents, there are three primary sources of auto insurance payments:
- Liability insurance: Every driver in Texas is required to have insurance that makes payments when they are at fault in an accident. At minimum, a policy must provide:
- $30,000 per person for bodily injury
- $60,000 total bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 total property damage coverage per accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): This is optional coverage for your own medical expenses, such as ambulance rides, emergency room treatment, surgery, doctor visits, therapy and more; lost wages while recovering from injuries; and other expenses associated with injuries suffered in a car accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM/UIM): This is also optional insurance coverage. UM/UIM coverage is insurance you carry to help make up the difference between what the at-fault driver’s liability coverage provides you and what your actual expenses are for your injuries and damage to your car.
In addition, someone with an outstanding car loan is typically required by the bank to have comprehensive collision insurance, which is for repairs after an accident or to pay off the loan if the car has been totaled.
A car accident lawsuit in Texas may seek:
- Economic damages to compensate the plaintiff for any actual monetary loss (expenses) they have suffered. This includes money for medical bills, car repair or replacement, and lost wages or income.
- Non-economic damages to compensate the victim for any physical pain or suffering, mental or emotional pain or anguish, loss of companionship and society, loss of enjoyment of life, physical impairment or disfigurement, and/or any other non-financial loss they may have suffered.
- Exemplary damages, aka “punitive damages,” may be awarded if the defendant acted with such gross negligence they should be punished. To receive exemplary damages, the plaintiff must show the defendant acted with malice by intentionally causing the injury or because the defendant knew his conduct created an extreme risk of severe injury and consciously disregarded that risk.
As your car accident attorneys, our goal at Ben Bronston & Associates is to maximize the compensation we seek for you in a car accident claim.
Get the Compensation Your Deserve
Call Us Today 800-617-4BEN (800-617-4236)Get a Free Consultation Today
More Car Accident Compensation from Third-Party Claims
What many people don’t know, and many lawyers won’t be bothered with, is that other sources of insurance may be available in a car accident case. For example, business liability insurance coverage might apply to your car accident if certain third parties are held liable.
Ben Bronston & Associates car accident investigations always look at all the possibilities, including that more people or entities beyond the other driver may be held liable through a third-party claim.
Potential third-party claims include:
- Drunk driving accident dram shop or social host claims: In Texas, alcohol sellers have liability for car accidents if they supply alcohol to intoxicated or underage drivers who later crash and the driver’s intoxication is shown to be the cause of the crash. Also, adult social hosts (party or event hosts) who serve alcohol to people younger than 18 can be held liable for injuries these minor-age drinkers cause.
- Work accidents and employer liability claims: If the driver who caused your accident was on the job at the time of the wreck, their employer may be held liable and a claim against their business liability insurance might be made. This type of claim is typical in accidents involving commercial trucks (18-wheelers, tractor trailers, etc.) but may apply any time a person is driving as part of their job duties and causes an accident.
- Texting-while-driving claims: As texting while driving has caused more and more accidents in Texas and across the nation in recent years, this type of distracted driving has been cited in many car accident lawsuits. In a recent New Jersey case, the court said a young woman who texted a friend who she knew was driving at the time could be held liable for the friend’s subsequent accident.
The texting-while-driving case above moved forward because an attorney made the extra effort to find out what really happened and then persuade the court who was at fault and should be held accountable. This opened a new compensation source, the young woman’s parents’ homeowners’ insurance, for the injured parties.
This is the kind of thorough work you can expect the car accident lawyers at Ben Bronston & Associates to do for you. We are not a “churn-and burn” law firm trying to turn over cases and clients as fast as possible. We take the time to actually help our clients. We pay attention to the details of the case and to our client’s needs. We find compensation for our clients that others won’t.Back to top
Put Ben Bronston to Work on Your Car Accident Claim
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident that was not your fault, Ben Bronston & Associates can help you seek compensation the parties at fault and their insurers owe you. We will see your case through, fighting to the end to uncover all of the money that’s available and to put it in your pocket.
Contact Ben Bronston & Associates today in Houston, Corpus Christi or Laredo, and see the difference. See what it’s like to work with an attorney who gives you personal attention. Engage an attorney who is interested in your health and welfare, and who is intent on finding money to cover your car accident losses.
Start our work for you with a free, no-obligation review of your case. If we see money for you in a car accident claim, we’ll fight for you on a contingency fee basis. We won’t charge you unless we settle or win your case with a payment made to you. Call us today.Back to top