Catastrophic Injury Attorneys In Houston
Catastrophic injuries in Houston typically occur without warning and cause devastating damage to the injured party’s life. These types of injuries can permanently prevent the individual from working, completing normal daily activities, or even maintaining significant person relationships. If you have sustained a catastrophic injury due to another person’s negligence throughout Texas, it is very important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible to help you recover the damages you deserve for your injuries.
Whether the negligence of another party has caused an auto accident, workplace accident, or other incident that has left you severely injured, you should not face financial burdens as a result of another person’s actions. It is essential that you ensure that your short and long term costs are covered through a lawsuit and an experienced Houston personal injury attorney can help guide you through that process.
Houston Catastrophic Injury Attorney
The attorneys of Ben Bronston & Associates have helped hundreds of injured individuals seek out just compensation for over 30 years. They are dedicated to tenaciously pursuing just compensation for your suffering while providing personal guidance through every step of the process, so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries. Your financial future could be at stake because of your injuries, and the assistance of a skilled attorney can put your mind at ease during this challenging time.
Severe injuries can change your life forever. To ensure that you are justly compensated, consult with Ben Bronston & Associates about your individual case. If you’ve been catastrophically injured in South Texas, such as Houston, Galveston, Spring, Katy, or Tomball, call Ben Bronston & Associates today to schedule your free consultation appointment.
Catastrophic Injury Information Center
- Types of Catastrophic Injuries Sustained
- Causes of Catastrophic Injuries Across Texas
- The Financial Impact of Catastrophic Injuries
- Hiring an Experienced Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Texas
Types of Catastrophic Injuries Sustained
A catastrophic injury can unexpectedly disrupt the life of you or a loved one, leaving you with overwhelming medical bills and an uncertain future. These types of accidents can occur anywhere, from driving down I-45 to working at a construction site in The Woodlands. Injuries from devastating accidents range widely as well, from nerve damage to severe burns, but they inevitably have a massive impact on the life of the victim. Some of the most common forms of catastrophic injuries can include any of the following:
- Severed limbs
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Head injuries
- Herniated disc
- Neck injury
- Shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
Any one of these situations can easily lead to high medical costs and serious concerns for the future. It is important not to underestimate the short and long term effects of these injuries and the impact that they may have on your daily life.
Causes of Catastrophic Injuries Across Texas
Catastrophic injuries are typically caused by serious accidents and can cause severe bodily damage leading to an incapacity to function in even seemingly simple daily activities. Some of the most common causes of catastrophic injuries can include the following:
- Commercial Truck Collisions – Commercial truck accidents can be extremely hazardous as they often carry dangerous products and very heavy loads. Commercial truckers are required to abide by very strict regulations, and any failure to do so can indicate the trucker was negligent in causing your injuries.
- Defective Products – Many forms of defective products can result in catastrophic injuries, such as defective car parts, tire blow outs, medical device defects and defective prescription drugs, in addition to defects in general consumer products.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous, as the motorcycle driver is generally hit by much larger vehicles. Also, many drivers fail to take extra precaution around a motorist or fail to see a motorist, which can both be indicators that the driver was negligent in causing your catastrophic injuries.
- Recreational Accidents – Catastrophic injuries can often occur while an individual is on vacation or while participating in recreational activities.
- Sports Injuries – Children or adults who participate in sports can often become the victim of very serious, “freak” accidents. Common catastrophic injuries from sporting accidents can include paralysis, paraplegia, quadriplegia and/or traumatic brain injuries.
The Financial Impact of Catastrophic Injuries
When a devastating injury occurs, it can be difficult to adequately assess the financial costs that might be incurred by the victim and their loved ones. While an insurance company may seek to settle a claim quickly, it is important to ensure that the offered amount will truly cover all related expenses. Despite an offered amount sounding like a large sum upfront, it may not truly compensate you for all of your short and long-term needs.
A catastrophic injury can lead to a wide range of financial costs, and can be easy to overlook some of the future needs. Some of these costs can include:
- Hospital Expenses – With healthcare costs extremely high in the U.S., even a short doctor’s visit or hospital stay can lead to steep costs. A serious injury is likely to require many hospital visits, exams, tests, and possibly expensive overnight care.
- Medication – For many serious injuries, such as burns and damaged nerves, a patient will require multiple medication for a long period of time. These medications can add up quickly, and it is important for compensation to cover any future costs of medication.
- Physical Therapy – Many injuries, including spinal trauma and broken bones, require physical therapy, sometimes for years, to treat pain, regain function, or maintain mobility. These sessions can quickly become expensive, especially for those needing frequent treatment.
- Equipment – Those with limited or removed mobility, special equipment may need to be purchased for daily needs. This can include wheelchairs, which can costs hundreds of dollars, ramp installations, or special vehicle equipment. For example, those who have lost use of their legs may require expensive equipment to be able to drive a vehicle. These types of equipment can be necessary to daily activities and should not be overlooked.
- Prosthetics – Amputees and other victims may find themselves in need of prosthetics, and possibly future ones. These detailed pieces of equipment can be essential to maintaining a higher quality of life, but they are usually very expensive.
These are just some of the many costs that can be associated with catastrophic injuries. When these financial burdens add up, it can quickly lead to massive debt and financial stress. An offer from an insurance company may seem like an easy fix to these issues, but they will often offer a much lower sum than is needed to truly cover all of the current and future costs that a victim will face.
Hiring an Experienced Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Texas
With over 30 years of experience helping those with a range of injuries across Texas, the attorneys of Ben Bronston & Associates stand ready to tenaciously pursue just compensation for those who have suffered a catastrophic injury in Houston and the surrounding areas. With your financial stability at stake, it is imperative that you ensure you are being fairly compensated for your injuries. An experienced attorney can confidently answer your questions regarding your situation and help to put your mind at ease. To schedule your free consultation to discuss your unique case, call (713) 225-5236 today and take the first step in securing your future.