If you have sustained injuries after being hit by a car or other vehicle in Texas, it is important to contact an experienced pedestrian injury lawyer in Houston. If the negligent driver was traveling even 10 miles per hour, they can cause serious injuries that can result in a lifetime of medical bills. Under the statute of limitations, you only have two years to file a claim, so it’s critical to learn about your legal options as soon as possible.
Houston Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Contact Ben Bronston & Associates for a consultation to review your case and learn how we can help. Attorney Ben Bronston will make every effort to help you recover the compensation you need, even against the largest of insurance companies. Call 713-CALL-BEN or (713) 225-5236 to get started.
What our Clients Say
I was involved in 2 car accidents within a 3 month span. I was recommended to Ben Bronston & Associates by a friend after my first accident and I’m glad I went them. They handled both of my cases quickly and professionally. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable as they answered my every question. Continue reading
Information Center for Texas Pedestrians
- Injuries Sustained by Pedestrians
- Steps to Take After an Accident
- Factors in a Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit
- Pedestrian Accident Resources
- Injuries Sustained by Pedestrians
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, pedestrian deaths account for 12% of all motor vehicle death each year. Although these accidents can happen to any number of people, the most common pedestrian related deaths involve elderly people and males.
Injuries sustained as a pedestrian in Houston can be caused in a number of ways. Some of the most common ways can include:
- When a drunk driver hits a pedestrian,
- When a driver runs a stop sign or traffic light and hits a pedestrian,
- When a driver hits a pedestrian at an intersection or crosswalk,
- When a driver backs up and hits a pedestrian,
- When a driver turns and hits a pedestrian,
- When a driver is distracted,
- When a driver was texting or using their cell phone, or
- When a driver parks and hits a pedestrian.
These accidents are more likely to occur in urban areas or where there is a greater concentration of walkers and runners, in addition to locations such as on major roads, interstates and freeways. Additionally, most accidents are likely to occur in the evening.
Most often, a pedestrian is injured when they are struck by the front bumper of a car. Generally, if the vehicle is larger, such as an SUV, truck or van, the injuries sustained by the pedestrian will be more severe. Pedestrian injuries usually involve the head, legs and arms. Some of the most common injures can include:
- Broken bones, crushed bones or fractured bones,
- Head trauma,
- Brain injuries,
- Spinal cord injuries,
- Severed limbs, and
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia.
Get the Compensation You Deserve
Call Us Today 800-617-4BEN (800-617-4236)Get a Free Consultation Today
Steps to Take After an Accident
If you have been injured as a pedestrian due to a driver’s negligence, you may want to exchange information with the driver if they remained at the scene of the crime or speak to their insurance provider.
However, it is important to only provide basic contact information and not to disclose facts that may later affect the outcome of a lawsuit. For example, if you were hit by a car while crossing a crosswalk in downtown Houston when the driver flew through the intersection, the driver may apologize to you at the scene of the accident for driving so fast. You may be inclined to tell the driver it’s not their fault, you aren’t seriously injured, or another phrase that could be construed against you and later impact the amount of damages you receive, even though it was clearly the negligent driver’s fault.
It is important to contact an attorney immediately after you have been hit due to a driver’s negligence. Your attorney can communicate with insurance providers on your behalf, help you receive medical care if you cannot afford it, and file a lawsuit, if necessary, within Texas’ statute of limitations period. If you were injured due to a hit and run accident, a personal injury lawyer can help you contact witnesses, talk to the police and hire experts to help you recover compensation for your injuries.Back to top
Pedestrian Accident Resources
- Kids and Cars: This is a nonprofit organization that seeks to prevent injuries and death by children in and around motor vehicles. The main objective of this organization is to promote driver awareness.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center: This link provides statistics on accidents involving pedestrians. This website also informs pedestrians on what they can do to decrease the level of danger associated with being a pedestrian.
- NHTSA – Pedestrians: This link gives facts and information on pedestrian accidents and pedestrian safety. The NHTSA strives to raise awareness of the dangers to pedestrians, and make our streets safer overall.
Pursuing Justice If You Were Hit By a Car in Houston
Contact Ben Bronston & Associates today to learn more about your options for pursuing compensation. Ben Bronston is an aggressive pedestrian accident lawyer in Houston who will make every effort to fight for the damages you deserve from your injuries sustained. Call (713) 225-5236 to speak with him today.Back to top