The last thing that passengers on a bus or van consider is that they could be involved in a serious accident during their trip. Unfortunately, negligence on behalf of Harris County METRO transit operators is a common occurrence. It is important to contact a personal injury lawyer immediately after your accident, regardless of whether you were a passenger on the bus, in another car and hit by the bus, or hit by a bus while a pedestrian, motorcyclist, or bicyclist.
According to the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, an individual who has sustained injuries from a motor vehicle accident may be barred from filing a claim for their injuries against the negligent driver after a specified time period has passed. This time period, also known as a statute of limitations (SOL), prevents injured individuals from filing a lawsuit against the negligent party two years after the date of injury in Texas. Since this is such a short time period, it is essential to contact an attorney as soon as possible after your accident.
Houston Bus Accident Lawyer
Contact Ben Bronston & Associates at (713) CALL-BEN or (713) 225-5236 for a consultation about your legal options. Our law firm has a strong track-record of protecting the rights of accident victims, even against the largest of insurance companies.Back to top
Texas Public Transit Accident Information Center
- Harris County METRO Accident Causes
- Resources for Bus Accidents
What our Clients Say
Words can not express how happy I am with the team. They take the time to explain what is going on and go above and beyond to help. I was always greeted with a smile and offered something to drink. Special thanks to Amy who took time to hear me out when I was breaking down. Also to Emma who gave me great advice and also took time to help me in any way. Continue reading
Harris County METRO Accident Causes
A bus driver may be negligent in causing an accident if they commit any of the following while operating a bus:
- Drive emotionally,
- Drive recklessly,
- Drive under the influence of stimulants, drugs or alcohol,
- Drive while distracted,
- Drive while texting or talking on a cell phone,
- Drive while tired,
- Drive with road rage,
- Fail to abide by traffic signals or street signs,
- Follow another vehicle too closely, and/or
Common injuries resulting from bus accident can include:
- Brain injuries or concussions,
- Broken or fractured bones,
- Head injuries,
- Internal organ injuries,
- Nerve damage or injury,
- Spinal cord injuries,
- Sprains, and/or
Get the Compensation Your Deserve
Call Us Today 800-617-4BEN (800-617-4236)Get a Free Consultation Today
Resources for Bus Accidents
- NHTSA – School Buses: This link provides information on what the NHTSA is doing to promote school bus safety. This website also offers tips on how to increase your child’s saftey while traveling on a school bus.
- U.S. Department of Transportation: This website provides data and statistics on accidents, injuries, and fatalities related to public transportation. There are specific sections on this organization’s website designed to inform those interested in motor bus incidents.
- National Coalition for School Bus Safety: This organization’s mission is to enhance school bus safety, increase awareness and education of drivers, provide information and statistics related to school bus safety, and encourage the development of regulations more catered to safety.
Attorneys Fighting for Bus Accident Victims Across Texas
Contact Ben Bronston & Associates today for a consultation about your accident in Harris County or elsewhere in Texas. Ben Bronston is a knowledgeable Houston auto accident lawyer who will listen to the facts of your situation and make every effort to help you receive the damages you are entitled to for the injuries you suffered. Call (713) CALL-BEN or (713) 225-5236 for a consultation about your accident claim in Texas.Back to top