In a state where many people enjoy outdoor activities like camping, bonfires, outdoor celebrations and other events outside, All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) are commonplace. These vehicles are fun to drive and enjoy outside, but they can also be dangerous when not handled properly. Just like any other accident involving a vehicle, those injured during a collision can face serious risk of harm.
If you’ve been injured in an accident involving an 4×4 vehicle in Texas, you can turn to an attorney to help you seek just compensation. You may be facing medical bills, expensive medication, or a painful recovery. You shouldn’t have to suffer because of someone else’s mistakes while driving an ATV. Understanding your legal options with qualified counsel can help you make sure that you avoid emptying your wallet to recover from this incident.
Houston ATV Accident Lawyer
At Ben Bronston & Associates, we give every case the highest level of attention and care. We know that you’re facing a tough situation, and we’re dedicated to taking on challenging situations. With experience at representing those facing a range of recreational accident injuries, our attorneys can explain exactly what your options are and help you decide on the best way to proceed.
Call (713) 225-5236 today to schedule your free consultation. We can honestly assess your case and give you an outlook on what you can achieve. We want to help you through this difficult situation, and the first step is to analyze the details of your accident.
What our Clients Say
I was referred to the Bronston Legal office back in December of 2015 during my first car accident. I had no idea what to expect, where to start, or who to even talk to. They made everything very easy and took the time to always make sure my passenger and myself were well taken care of. I would highly recommend them as not many people are willing to fight so hard for you. Continue reading
Common Types of ATV Incidents in Texas
Four-wheelers can be used for a variety of activities. These powerful vehicles do not require a license to drive in Texas, and negligent operators may not understand the consequences of driving them unsafely. Some common scenarios involving ATVs include:
- A collision with another ATV
- Colliding with a pedestrian
- Flipping the vehicle
- Losing control of the vehicle
- Sliding downhill into a collision
- Destroying property while driving recklessly
A wide variety of injuries can occur as a result of an accident involving an all terrain vehicle. These injuries are similar to automobile accidents, but those involved in ATV accidents are oftentimes unprotected from injuries. This is especially the case when no helmet or other safety gear is worn.
A 4-wheeler striking a pedestrian can lead to serious injuries. Some of the most common injuries caused by Texas ATV accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Back injuries
- Engine Burns
- Property Damage
Get the Compensation Your Deserve
Call Us Today 800-617-4BEN (800-617-4236)Get a Free Consultation Today
Production Errors Leading to ATV Accidents
While some ATV accidents occur due to the negligence of the driver, many accidents occur as a result of defective production of the vehicle. If the ATV is not properly aligned, or is built with defective parts, or it is not built in a way to where the weight is distributed equally throughout the vehicle, it could be the direct cause of an ATV accident.
When riding on an ATV, an individual is on a non-enclosed vehicle. This means that if he or she is involved in an accident, there is a greater risk of suffering serious injuries. Often times, when an ATV accident occurs, the driver is thrown from the vehicle. If the driver was traveling on an off road surface, such as rocky terrain, there is a greater potential for suffering significant injuries.Back to top
What Parties Could be At Fault in an ATV Accident?
ATV accidents can occur in a variety of ways, and injuries can result on the part of several different factors. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, there are a few parties that could be held liable for the damages sustained including:
- Manufacturer – If there is a design element of the ATV that caused the accident or contributed to your injuries, the manufacturing company may be held liable for your damages.
- Operator – If you were struck by an ATV through the driver’s negligence, they can be held accountable for their actions.
- Owner – If you rented 4-wheeler or other ATV for you vacation and poor maintenance led to your injuries, the rental company could be responsible for the incurred damages.
It may be challenging to determine who is at fault in your ATV accident. With years of experience in a range of accidents, the attorneys Ben Bronston & Associates can review your situation with you and help outline what parties should be held responsible for your damages.Back to top
Resources for ATV Accidents
- Concerned Families for ATV Safety: Through public education, this organization works to raise awareness for the need of adequate safety standards that keep children off of ATVs. This organization also seeks to ensure that the existing ATV laws are enforced.
- ATV Safety: This site provides national statistics on ATV related injuries in deaths. Individuals can also find safety tips and information on training courses. This purpose of this organization is to decrease the amount of deaths and injuries related to ATV accidents.
- Injury Free Coalition for Kids – ATVs: This organization promotes child safety, specifically for children who operate ATVs. This website provides a safety checklist for children and parents, as well as links to other informational resources.
Hiring an Attorney for an ATV Accident Injury in Texas
An off-road accident caused by a reckless driver or a rental company’s negligence can leave you with a growing financial burden. To seek out what you are rightfully owed, enlist the help of Ben Bronston & Associates. Our Houston accident attorneys can proactively seek out recoveries for your damages while keeping open communication with you throughout the process.
With no fees due unless your case is successful, there’s no reason not to pursue compensation for your injuries. To set up your consultation with our attorneys, call (713) 225-5236 today.Back to top